Company Name: Red Hat
Role: Software Engineer
Job Location: Banglore
Eligibility: Any Graduate
Last Date: ASAP
Red Hat, Inc. is an American multinational software company providing open-source software products to the enterprise community. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, with satellite offices worldwide.
Red Hat has become associated to a large extent with its enterprise operating system Red Hat Enterprise Linux and with the acquisition of open-source enterprise middleware vendor JBoss. Red Hat also offers Red Hat Virtualization (RHV), an enterprise virtualization product. Red Hat provides storage, operating system platforms, middleware, applications, management products, and support, training, and consulting services.
Red Hat creates, maintains, and contributes to many free software projects. It has acquired several proprietary software product codebases through corporate mergers and acquisitions and has released such software under open source licenses. As of March 2016, Red Hat is the second largest corporate contributor to the Linux kernel version 4.5 after Intel.
Job Role: Software Engineer
- Work with other engineering teams to ensure services meet scalability, availability, security, and performance goals.
- Communicate feedback from developers to stakeholders; develop new features, identify and investigate defects, review designs, and test new features.
- Contribute to the delivery of tested solutions aligned with business requirements.
- Collaborate with customer facing teams to debug and resolve technical challenges.
- Build a user community around the solutions and features by writing technical articles, speaking conferences, and working with contributors.
- Solid programming experience using Python and Go.
- Understanding of programming, distributed, and cloud computing systems.
Knowledge of control, data structures, algorithms, and distributed system architectures.
- Ability to support multiple development teams and affect design across a range of domains of expertise.
- Experience measuring, analyzing, and optimizing scalability and performance.
- Experience collaborating with user experience (UX) teams to implement strategic insights and design.
- Willingness to learn about new areas.