Introduction to Physiotherapy Course:
In Physiotherapy course persons help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice. The profession helps to encourage development and facilitate recovery, enabling people to stay in work while helping them to remain independent for as long as possible. You need to have patience to sustain this domain.
A degree in physiotherapy can lead to a rewarding career working with people of all ages. Physiotherapy is a degree-based healthcare profession. Physios use their knowledge and skills to improve a range of conditions associated with different systems of the body. Excellent interpersonal skills including being empathetic, having patience and being able to understand people, is a must.
Pass in 10+2(12TH grade) with at least 50% and Biology, Physics and Chemistry (Bi.P.C) as subjects. After the Bachelor’s degree you can opt for Master’s degree.
Colleges and Institutes offering Physiotherapy Course in India:
These are the top colleges in India which provide Physiotherapy Course:
- Apollo Physiotherapy College, Hyderabad
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Health Education & Research, Patna
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
- Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- JSS College of Physiotherapy, Mysore
- SDM College of Physiotherapy,Karnataka
- Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Education, Kerala
- KJ Somaiya College of Physiotherapy, Mumbai
- Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Tamilnadu
Future in India:
Physiotherapists are required in each department of a hospital, be it ICU or geriatrics and they can also choose to work independently or be part of a multidisciplinary team.
There is a strong demand for physiotherapists and you can expect to work in a variety of healthcare settings including hospitals, rehabilitation and community health centres, private practice, industrial clinics and specialist facilities. You may also work in education and research.