Introduction to Hotel Management Course:
Hotel Management refers to management of hotel staff, business management, maintain hotel standards, sales management, revenue management, customer service and guest satisfaction. Hotel managers are generally exposed to long shifts that include late hours, weekends, and holidays due to the 24-hour operation of a hotel. Depending on the size of the hotel, a typical hotel manager’s day may include assisting with operational duties, managing employee performance, handling dissatisfied guests, managing work schedules, purchasing supplies, interviewing potential job candidates, conducting physical walks and inspections of the hotel facilities and public areas, and additional duties. With the increasing number of hotel, Hotel management course is seen high demand.
After completion of training you can start working in any of the hotel or motels. Courses in hotel management cover everything from the front desk and housekeeping to facility maintenance and finance. Person should have good communication skills, reasoning skills and pleasing personality.
You need to qualify class XII exam so that you can pursue Bachelor’s degree and if you opt for a Master’s Degree then you will have good future prospects.
Colleges and Institutes offering Hotel Management Course in India:
These are the top colleges in India which provide a deep insight about Hotel Management Course:
- Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development,Sham Nath Marg, Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM),Dadar West, Mumbai
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA), Manipal, Karnataka
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM)(Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition), Pusa,New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM),Chennai,T.N
- Institute of Hotel Management Bangalore (IHMB), Bangalore
- International Institute of Hotel Management,Kolkata, WB
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition (IHMH), Vidyanagar, Hyderabad
- Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management Catering & Nutrition -Sector, Chandigarh
Future in India:
Currently there are more than 2.40 million people working in hotel, catering and allied industry in India and the number is going to increase in next couple of years. India is facing shortage in terms of trained professionals required to manage hotels. Whereas the demand is much higher than the existing 1,14,000 hotel rooms across all categories. Projected Job Growth from 2012 to 2022 is around 1%.
Hyatt hotel chain, Hilton hotel chain, Ramada hotel chain, Marriott hotel chain, La Quinta hotel chain, Radisson hotel chain, Days Inn hotel chain, Best Western hotel chain, etc offer attractive career option for hotel management graduates from top notch hotel management institutes.