Introduction to C.A Course:
The Charted accountant(C.A) course is considered to be the toughest and rigorous professional course all over the world with only 3-8% able to qualify the exams and the CA degree in India is awarded by ICIA (Institute of Charted Accountants of India) This course is combined with theoretical study with practical training. Chartered accountants work in all fields of business and finance, including audit, taxation, financial and general management.
A person is to apply for membership either by passing all three levels of examinations prescribed by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and completing three years of practical training or by availing themselves of exemptions under mutual recognition agreements. The minimum duration for the course through CPT is 4.5 years and through graduation is 3 years. There is no maximum duration and limit on number of attempts.
If you qualified for the 10+2 then you can write CPT exam, then IPCC then CA final exam after that you need to successfully complete training in GMCS-I and GMCS-II. If you are a graduate then you can skip CPT and do the rest.
Colleges and Institutes offering C.A Course in India:
These are the top colleges in India which provide a deep insight about C.A Course:
- Deshbhakt Ratnappa Kumbhar College of Commerce, Maharashtra
- Jain Coaching Centre, Kolkata
- ETEN CA, Delhi
- Coimbatore Branch of S.I.R.C. of I.C.A.I., Tamil Nadu
- Loyola College, Tamil Nadu
- Mar Ivanious College, Kerala
- Aaaradhya Financial School for Excellence, Hyderabad
- Great India Degree College, Hyderabad
- Bhavan’s Vivekananda College of Science, Andhra Pradesh
- Mangalore Branch of SIRC of ICAI, Karnataka
- Academy Of Commerce, Gurgaon
- Eastern India Regional Council of ICAI, West Bengal
- SAPL Education, Bhubaneswar
- Mumbai Branch of W.I.R.C of I.C.A.I, Maharashtra
- FINPLAN – International Institute of Management, Mumbai
Future in India:
Weather big or small CA is the core business. It can be easily concluded that the country needs about 7,500 to 10,000 fresh CAs every year seeing the growth of Indian economy in the last 5 years. The demand for CAs has been growing between 10% to 15% over the past 3 – 4 years. The pay scale is also very high initially and they are given utmost respect.
The qualification of CA is globally recognized hence industry outlook for CAs is bright indeed. But it’s a stressful job as it prone to errors especially in financial year ends. A CA can work in Bank, Public Limited Companies, Auditing Firms, Finance Companies, Mutual Funds, Portfolio Management Companies, Investment Houses, Stock Broking Firms, Legal firms, Legal houses, Patent Firms, attorneys, Trade Mark and Copyright Registers. It’s a highly fruitful career if you are ready for little stress.