Introduction to Aviation Course:
The history of aviation started with Wright Brothers with their successful test flight. Aviation course looks similar to aeronautics but there is a lot of difference when you go in depth. Aviation management programs teach you the basics of airport operations that include applications such as aviation law, security issues, aircraft design and weather issues. They can also train you to work as mechanic, technicians, flight attendant, service desk person, ticket agent.
The organizations give you the in depth technical knowledge on aviation industry. Aviation professionals such as pilots and air traffic controllers are required to be certified by the FAA. If a person has a scientific bent of mind, he can opt for a career as a Pilot, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, etc. and if a person is good at communication and interpersonal skills, she/he can consider a career as an Air Hostess or a Flight Steward.
You need to qualify class XII exam so that you can pursue B.E (Bachelor in Engineering)/ B.Tech (Bachelor in Technology) in Aeronautical course. You can also opt for diploma course in this stream but still you need to complete graduation for it to have a better knowledge on things.
You need to be physically fit and should have a good eyesight if you want to get a job in Aviation industry even if you have excellent technical knowledge.
Colleges and Institutes offering Aviation Course in India:
These are the top colleges in India which provide a deep insight about aviation and how to achieve perfection in them:
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics Science Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science Kolkata
- Indian Institute for Aeronautical Engineering & Information Technology (IIAEIT) Pune
- A. J. Aviation academy Bangalore
- Indian Aviation Academy Mumbai
- National College of Aviation Aurangabad
- Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy Hyderabad
- Wingsss College of Aviation Technology Pune
- Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics Ahmedabad
- Hindustan Aviation Academy Bangalore
- Academy of Aviation and Engineering Bangalore
- Frankfinn Institute of Airhostess Training Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics Group of Institutions Patna
- Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering Bhopal
Future in India:
In India aviation sector persons are mostly employed by ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) and the Defense Ministry as well as some companies engaged in the manufacturing of aircrafts. Nowadays, jobs are also available with the Civil Aviation Department, National Aeronautical Laboratory, Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
The aviation field are generally expected to decline between 2014 and 2024, with limited growth in job opportunities. For example, according to the BLS, air traffic controllers are expected to see a 9% decline in that time period. A 1% job growth is expected from 2012 to 2022.