Introduction to Alternate Medicine Course:
India is famous for its unconventional ways of treating or curing a number of diseases. Practices like Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Allopathy, Osteopathy, Neuropathy, Chiropractic or faith healing come under alternative medicine courses. Most of the above mentioned courses have legal recognition and people who are interested in these type of natural remedy treatments can pursue a course and have a career in it. You can even setup a conventional practice center and start treating people using these kind of techniques after getting the required permissions. Most of the people in India go for this kind of treatment rather than advance medicines which have a lot of side effects. Alternate medicine course is in much demand these days.
Alternative medicine provide and unique approach for curing and may include interventions such as herbal remedies, reflexology, chiropractic, nutritional supplements, massage therapy and acupuncture. Many people turn to alternative medicines for pain relief where most of the modern medicines fail to work, and also people who cannot afford or don’t have access to modern medicine opt for alternative medicines. Considering all these, future in alternative medicines is going to great as the demand is growing for these medicines day by day.
- If you are a class X pass out then you can do a 2 year diploma course in alternative medicine.
- If you are a class XII pass out then you can do a 2 year course where you will get a Bachelor Certificate in Alternative medicines.
- For pursuing Post-Graduation course in this stream but you have a minimum qualification of M.B.B.S., B.H.M.S., D.M.S., D.H.M.S. or Medical Graduate from a recognized universities.
- You can even do Ph.D. after completing post-graduation.
Colleges and Institutes offering Alternate Medicine Course in India:
These are the top colleges in India which provide alternate medicine course:
- Institute of Alternative courses Kolkata
- Indian Board of Alternative Medicines, West Bengal
- Bharati Vidyapeeth www.bharatividyapeeth.com
- Gujarat Ayurved University
- Rajeev Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- University of Calicut
- University of Delhi, Faculty of Ayurvedic & Unani Medicine
- University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
- NTR University of Health Science, Hyderabad
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
Future in India:
The alternative to western medicine has gained popularity over the recent years and India which is the birth place for traditional way of treating diseases using herbs and natural therapies puts everyone in the forefront for opting this kind of treatment. India is home to over 15,000 medicinal plants and one of the 12 leading bio-diverse countries of the world. If you can master in more than one of the natural therapies like Acupuncture and Ayurveda then the chances of you having a bright future are more. Big players in this business like Dabur, Himalaya employ a lot of people for their research activities.
With spreading popularity about traditional methods like Ayurveda, Yoga and Homeopathy all over the world, different countries have started research organizations and started hiring people to meet the demand over these therapies and make out a sustainable business model out of it. So the chances are more if you can master more than one stream in these.