Introduction to Actuaries Course:
Actuaries are professionals who apply mathematical and statistical principles to calculate risks and uncertainty in insurance and premium. Actuaries are organizations which provide services in sectors like finance and investment, insurance (health, life, general). In simple words every organization faces risk of unexpected and uncertain losses, so these actuaries calculate the risk and make sure there is no loss or minimum loss. Actuaries course trains professionals to assess the future financial status of organization while accountants deal with the past financial data.
The courses on actuarial science and insurance provide an individual with the skills required to find a job in this field. A person can choose the course according to his academic background.
You need to qualify class XII exam so that you can pursue a degree in Animation course. You can also go for a Master’s degree in this stream t to have a better knowledge on things.
For becoming an actuary, it is necessary for an individual to pass an entrance test conducted by the Actuarial Soiety of India (ASI).
Colleges and Institutes offering Actuaries Course in India:
These are the top colleges in India which provide a deep insight about Actuaries Course:
- Actuarial Institute of India, Mumbai
- Institute of Certified Risk and Insurance Managers, Hyderabad
- University of Delhi, Delhi
- The College of Vocational Studies (University of Delhi),
- Academy of Insurance Management, Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, New Delhi
- GoaUniversity, Goa
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai
- University of Bombay, Mumbai,
- University of Pune
- University of Chennai
- AligarhMuslimUniversity, Aligarh
- University of Kalyani
Future in India:
A person trained in actuarial sciences can join the government as well as the private sectors. He can find a job as an agent or a licensed insurance surveyor. Major companies like ICICI, HDFC, Bajaj Allianz recruit people as actuaries.
UK is the best country to pursue and work as an actuary where multinational insurance organizations are paying upto £100,000 a year.