Company Name: ABB
Experience: 2-5 Years
Role: System Design Engineer
Job Location: Chennai
Eligibility: Masters Degree
Last Date: ASAP
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri) is a Swedish-Swiss multinational corporation headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland, operating mainly in robotics and the power and automation technology areas. It ranked as the 286th largest company by revenue for 2016 in the Fortune Global 500 list.
ABB is one of the largest engineering companies as well as one of the largest conglomerates in the world. ABB has operations in around 100 countries, with approximately 132,000 employees in December 2016.
ABB is traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange in Zürich, Nasdaq Stockholm and the New York Stock Exchange in the United States.
- Hands on experience in performing power system studies like load flow, short circuit , transient stability and switching transients for utility / industrial. systems.
- Experience on simulation tools such as EMTDC / PSCAD, PSS/E, RTDS and calculations in Matlab.
- Good knowledge of Power Systems equipment and their purpose. Example, Power Transformers, Capacitors, Reactors, Instrument Transformer and measuring equipment, Circuit Breakers, Disconnectors and Surge Arrestors
- Knowledge in selection, sizing, integration and testing of above equipment based on customer specification.
- Understanding application of Power Electronics in HV/EHV system
- To be considered for this position, you should hold a Masters in Power system, with 2 – 5 years of experience in the relevant field.