Company Name: RBS
Role: Software Designer
Job Location: Bangalore
Eligibility: Any Graduate
Last Date: ASAP
The Royal Bank of Scotland (Scottish Gaelic: Banca Rìoghail na h-Alba, Scots: Ryal Baunk o Scotland, Welsh: Banc Brenhinol yr Alban), commonly abbreviated as RBS, is one of the retail banking subsidiaries of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, together with NatWest and Ulster Bank. The Royal Bank of Scotland has around 700 branches, mainly in Scotland though there are branches in many larger towns and cities throughout England and Wales. Both the bank and its parent, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, are completely separate from the fellow Edinburgh based bank, the Bank of Scotland, which pre-dates The Royal Bank of Scotland by 32 years. The Bank of Scotland was effective in raising funds for the Jacobite Rebellion[clarification needed] and as a result, The Royal Bank of Scotland was established in 1724 to provide a bank with strong Hanoverian and Whig ties.
Following “ring-fencing” of the Group’s core domestic business, the bank is expected to become a direct subsidiary of NatWest Holdings in 2018. NatWest Markets comprises the Group’s investment banking arm. To give it legal form, it is proposed that the current RBS entity will be renamed NatWest Markets; at the same time Adam and Company (which holds a separate PRA banking licence) will be renamed Royal Bank of Scotland, with Adam and Company continuing as an RBS private banking brand in Scotland, along the same lines as the Messrs. Drummond and Child & Co. businesses in England.
- Contribute to the strategic vision of the team / project / department by developing software and tools to meet project objectives
- Ensure work done is aligned to the principles of software development within RBS
- Where possible attend RBS internal technical events to widen technical knowledge and become part of the wider development community
- Advance the knowledge of their project team and department in technical matters by maintaining an understanding of new and innovative technologies
- Deliver work as agreed with line management / project management
- Raise issues and concerns to your line manager at the earliest possible opportunity
- Own the development of code, based on requirements delivered from the business, and the testing of that code to ensure that it is robust and meets the requirements laid out
- Provide technical help to the other developers wherever required
Experience in agile software development
- Track record of problem solving ability
- Able to quickly understand and familiarise themselves with complex systems
- Ability to learn the technical specifics of the given project
- Understanding of good development and testing practices
- Able to interpret requirements and develop code to meet those requirements, both functional and non-functional
- Proficiency in. .Net 4.5/4.6 framework, C#, ASP.Net Web forms & MVC, WCF
- Services, Entity Framework, Web API, Unit testing, Data structures and Working knowledge in Oracle or SQL Server Databases.
- Good understanding of Industry wide development principles is a pre-requisite (SOLID principles, design patterns like GoF), as is the ability to learn technical skills and the tools to do the job.
- Have the ability to undertake larger components of work and contribute to the design of those components.
- Exposure to DevOps tools & practices would be an added advantage.